2023 – Camping Skills ‘Tune-Up’ Workshop
1 day Workshop
|2023 DATES||Fee – incl. hst|
|Inquire about dates|
Camping Skills ‘tune-up’ workshop is designed to refresh or improve camping skills for the upcoming camping season.
This day long workshop is designed for day trippers, canoe trippers, hikers, kayakers, car campers, even RV’ers.
Course fee includes: canoe, safety kit, paddle, pfd, paddle, course materials
Participant is responsible for personal equipment and accommodations
The workshop skills will include:
LAND based SKILLS
- Trip Planning
- Food Planning pre-trip – Including Dehydrating
- Drinking water
- What makes a good campsite / campsite setup
- 5 Knots around the campsite – half hitch, bowline, truckers hitch, prusik, Sheet bend, highwayman’s hitch
- Fire lighting – including tricks with wet wood
- Cooking / Baking – stoves and fires
- Animal Avoidance – including safe food storage
- Group gear and tools including axe / saws
- Repair – canoe, paddle, tent
We will customize your canoeing experience…..whether you are looking for a session or two for you, your whole family, or just for your kids. We can provide tandem or solo sessions that meet your needs.
Ask us about a Mother’s Day or Father’s Day Gift Certificate for a canoe session.
Contact us and we’ll discuss what meets your needs!