2021 – Camping ‘Tune-Up’ Workshop
2 day Workshop (*April 24 – cancelled – Provincial Health Regulations)
|2021 DATES||Fee – incl. hst|
|April 24 cancelled||$150|
|May 29-30 postponed||$320|
|June 26-27 FULL||$320|
Camping ‘tune-up’ workshop is designed to refresh or improve camping skills for the upcoming camping season.
This weekend workshop is designed for day trippers, canoe trippers, hikers, kayakers, car campers, even RV’ers.
Course fee includes: canoe, safety kit, paddle, pfd, paddle, course materials
Participant is responsible for personal equipment and accommodations
The workshop skills will include:
*April 24 – one day – LAND based only due to spring conditions – no canoeing skills session
- Canoeing Skills including portaging, self-rescue and canoe over canoe rescue
- Trip Planning
- Food Planning pre-trip – Including Dehydrating
- Drinking water
- Campsite Selection
- Knots around the campsite
- Fire lighting – including tricks for wet wood
- Cooking / Baking – stoves and fires
- Animal Avoidance – including safe food storage
- Group gear and tools including axe / saws
- Repair – canoe, paddle, emergency fibreglass repair, tent
We will customize your canoeing experience…..whether you are looking for a session or two for you, your whole family, or just for your kids. We can provide tandem or solo sessions that meet your needs.
Ask us about a Mother’s Day or Father’s Day Gift Certificate for a canoe session.
Contact us and we’ll discuss what meets your needs!